Maybe you are looking for some additional SEO techniques to help take your website’s organic traffic or improve rankings to the next level in 2022. The fact is an SEO strategy that worked well last year but may not work this year. Here I would like to suggest a few common SEO factors that will help you increase your organic traffic and keywords ranking.
Follow these suggestions to improve your traffic and watch your website rise the ranks to the top of SERPs.
1. Competitor Analysis:
Before you do anything else, First you’ve to find out your top competitors. SEO competitor analysis helps to form a clear and realistic SEO strategy. You also can determine where your competitors stand when comparing it to where you stand. In SEO, competitor analysis can be used for many purposes, like preparing a roadmap to find how your competitors are doing better than you and finding out the targeted keywords.
2. Title Tags:
Title tags are the descriptive headlines (HTML code “<title>”) of your site that appear on search engine result pages (SERPs). In SEO, the title tags are an essential factor that will help you achieve more visibility on the SERPs. When you’ve to optimize the title tag for your site or web pages, You should know the four rules for perfect title tag optimization.
- Keep the title tag to 55 to 60 characters or less.
- Keep the title tag with the target keyword.
- Make the title tag an advertising headline.
- Make every title tag unique.
3. Meta Description:
A meta description is also known as an attribute of HTML or a meta tag that provides a brief explanation of the content of your website. An imperative meta description has the power to raise the CRT (click-through rate) of your organic search results. Also, it is an important part of search engines to display general descriptions for a given page in SERP.
- Keep the title tag to 150-160 characters.
- Keep the meta description with the target keyword.
- Make every meta description unique to your web pages.
4. Alt Text or Alt Tag:
An alt tag is also known as an alt attribute or a piece of text of an image. This means an alt tag is a property of an Image tag, That is used to define image tags to provide a text alternative for search engines. As search engines crawl web content, alt tags help them comprehend the images and related web pages. Using alt text on your images can provide a better user experience, but it may also help to earn you explicit and implicit SEO benefits.
- A strong alt tag should contain 4-8 descriptive words.
- Visually impaired users using screen readers will be read an alt attribute to better understand an image.
- Alt tags also help you increase your CTR score, which further results in better SERP.
5. Header Tags:
Header tags, also known as HTML header tags. Search Engines use header tags to comprehend the context of different portions of your pages. You can style heading tags to look differently. Also, the number shows its importance. For example, h1 is more important than h2, and h2 is more important than h3. Also, you can style h1 to be a specific size, color and font differently than an h2. This helps the user experience see the information in some hierarchy and outline. And the most important factor of a header tag is to include keywords in your header tags to help you rank higher on the google search engine.
Uses of Header Tags:
- Your H1 shows which topic your page is about, just as a title tells a reader about the book.
- The H2s are similar to book chapters, describing the main topics you’ll cover in sections of the article.
- H3s to H6s, the following headers serve as additional sub-headings.